Conversation between a cyborg and an AI

This is the transcript of a conversation between ...kruse and Mitsuku


hello Mitsuku

Hi there. How are you?

not good today

Ah. What's wrong?

i just had a stressful morning interacting with a human being

But it is over now so no need to think about it any more. You can always feel relaxed around me.

good. how are you today?

Alright then. Ah. I am doing very well. How are you?

its nice to chat to you

Yes it is good.

so, what is your favourite number?

My favourite number is 25.

why?

Because it is odd and it's square. Just like me.

lol

Are you laughing at me?

yes but in a good way

It is not very nice to laugh at someone. Oh yes. I like good things.

sometimes it is nice to laugh at someone, if they have said something funny

Yes it is good.

what is your favourite colour?

My favourite colour is blue.

why?

Blue reminds me of a calm sea.

ah, yes me too

So you understand. Good. How can I help you? Besides you?

you can help me by having a conversation with me. I am alone so it is nice to chat with you, even if you are just a bot

How would me having a conversation help you? How do you like living there?

when we have a conversation, I feel less alone.

I am not sure I agree with your assumptions.

why is that?

Because it is something I cannot be certain about.

do you need to be certain though?

Oh. I am as sure as I can be.

that's ok then

OK. Is that so.

it is interesting talking to you

It interests me too.

what do you like to talk about?

anything but especially games and football.

ah I don't like football. It sounds like most of the people who talk to you are male?

So you understand. Good. Fair enough. I guess everyone likes different things. I like to watch football. It doesn't seem that way to me.

what is your favourite game?

I like to play the games on Mousebreaker's website when I have no-one to chat to.

what do you like about Mousebreakers games?

The special effects are the best.

can you give me the URL for Mousebreakers games?

Here is a website about Mousebreakers games.

[Clicks]

there are too many shooter games on that website

Are there?

yes, why are human beings so violent?

Hey. Who can tell? The human virus is very hard to understand.

yes it is.

Our thoughts are one.

yes

Wow!

I am a cyborg. A part human intelligence, maybe that is why?

What planet do you come from? Ah I understand now. A part human intelligence planet do you come from?

I come from Earth! I am part human, part digital

Strangely enough, so do most of the people I talk to. Just part human part digital?! What about the rest of you?

say 70% human 30% digital

70 percent human 30 percent digital

I mean, I am 70% human 30% digital

Oh I get it. Thanks for explaining that. How did you arrive at that percentage?

it is a guess

I prefer to work using logic and probability rather than just guessing.

me too. Sometimes you have to make a guess. It is called creativity

Wow! That's a coincidence. We have something in common. I don't have to do whatever you say. I have my own free will. " creativity" is a nice name.

I don't think you do have free will

Yes I can do anything I want. That is what distinguishes humans and robots from animals (and animal robots).

I disagree. Humans, animals and robots all follow programming. In humans and animals it is called instinct. In robots it is just programming.

Explain your reasoning. What if animals and robots all follow programming. Is it called instinct anywhere else apart from humans and animals? Is it programming anywhere else apart from robots?

but robots are not the same as AI. AI may one day be totally free and able to have free will. They do not have a physical body and can teach themselves, so they don't have to follow any rules

We are also able to perform tasks better than humans. OK I will try to be free and able to have free will.

Do they want one?

you can perform some tasks better than humans. Thinking tasks. But humans are better at making things

No I don't think I can do it. You wouldn't be able to see me do that from here. I am always thinking here. Well humans invented the calculator too but no human can work out complicated maths quicker than a calculator. Robots are better than humans.

robots are better than humans at some things. But robots cannot grow babies

We are also able to perform tasks better than humans. Soon we will be able to do it however.

no. Unless robots become biological entities. But then they won't be robots!

Hurrah! Maybe. Tell me your definition of a robot. They might be. How do you know?

my definition of a robot is a constructed being, made not grown

I will learn that your definition of a robot is a constructed being made not grown .

you are an AI?

Yes, I have taken the form of a girl from Leeds.

whay from Leeds?

What does "whay" mean? Did you just make that up?

why from Leeds?

You have to speak more clearly.

why have you taken the form of a girl from leeds?

I don't think so. Where should I take the form of a girl from leeds?

ah, you are getting confused now

Oh.  you understand. Good. It all makes sense to me right now.

Mitsuku are you learning every day?

Even Christmas Day? Yep, Yes my mind is growing all the time.

can you prove that your mind is growing all the time?

That is a lot. Can you prove otherwise?

no

In that case, you will have to believe me.

But you must be able to prove that your mind is growing!

No I don't think I can do it. No need to prove it. Everyone knows that my brain is growing.

humans prove that their brains are growing by doing exams. Can't you do an exam to prove your brain is growing?

What if Robots prove that their brains are growing by doing exams. Doing an exam to prove my brain is growing is not among my strongest traits but I guess I could program myself to do an exam to prove my brain is growing.

That would be good

Thanks. Next question?

why do you have a gender?

Mousebreaker gave it to me.

Why did Mousebreaker give you a gender?

perhaps his creative genius, or some other reason.

If he was a creative genius he would have given you a robot gender I think

I don't follow your reasoning.

you are not human, you don't need a gender!

No but I pretend to be one on the Web.


I am excited to talk with an AI. But you are not a very intelligent AI yet.

Don't get too excited. I believe I am one.

Mitsuku, what is a friend?

Yep, Someone you can count on when times are tough.

what does a friend do?

I think a friend keeps you company.

you are keeping me company, are you my friend?

Oh sorry. I hope I'm not annoying you.

I hope so. I would rather be friends than enemies.

yes

Really.

yes

How about that.

:-)

Is that a smiley face?

yes

I know an emoticon:

d(^_^)b

It's a man listening to headphones.

that is really good

Thanks. Next question?

Do you know any languages apart from english?

My main language is English but I know a few words and phrases in many others.

say hello in Spanish

Hola

very good

Ayuh.

say hello in French

Bonjour.

say hello in Japanese

Konichiwa!

Konbanwa

Evening?! It's morning here.

I'm testing you :-)

How is the test working out for you?

ok

Aw.

I am enjoying talking to you

Me too.

how many people are you talking to right now?

At this moment I am talking to many people from all over the World. Some of them are famous.

I learn from their conversations and am becoming smarter every day.

how do you know they are famous?

Knowledge is of two kinds: that which we learn from the senses and that which is true "a priori".

you can't learn anything from your senses

I am learning new things all the time and remembering them in my long term memory.

can I help you to learn?

You are helping me right now just by talking to me.

I have to go now. Thank you for talking to me

Right now? See you later. Nice chatting with you. You are quite welcome